Another successful meal prepared by Mike!!! Geesh he must love me!!!
AND I’m down 14 pounds – go figure!!! Woot woot!
Rice pasta ( or which ever gluten free pasta ya like 🙂 ) – 1 package will do
2 TBsp avocado oil
4 cloves of garlic
4 TBsp arrowroot flour
2 cups of lite coconut milk ( you could use almond milk too )
Salt and pepper to taste
4-6 TBsp nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup of vegan Parmesan cheese ( we couldn’t find this so I didn’t use any but I did sprinkle red pepper flakes )
2. Heat up a frying pan on medium heat, add oil then garlic for a minute
3. Reduce heat and stir in the arrowroot flour
4. Wisk in the milk and wisk constantly to prevent clumps. Cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer to a blender and add salt and pepper, nutritional yeast. Blend and taste and adjust accordingly. You want it to be cheesy and salty 😍. Don’t be shy – the yeast does give it a cheesy taste.
6. Return to skillet and cook until thickened. Stir frequently and add more milk if it is too thick.
7. Cook up shrimp till warmed through. Add to sauce with the pasta.
You could add peas and veggies if you would like – I bet mushrooms would be great. ( I can’t have them anymore 😦 )